Turning Point has developed a specific approach to the prescribing of medication for people with a dependency on heroin or other opiates, which means that anyone assessed as suitable for a substitute prescription has a choice about what sort of treatment they want to receive.
The choice is about opting for High or Low intensity support?
Whether you want to stop soon or later, if Turning Point are going to prescribe for you then you need to attend a motivational course. These are 90 minute sessions once a week for 4 weeks. After this, you can choose low or high intensity support. If you are not being prescribed for, they can still help you with a drug or alcohol problem.
- High intensity support is a mixture of groupwork and 1-2-1 sessions with a Turning Point worker. We will work closely and intensively with you to help you with your recovery.
- Low intensity support has less frequent 1-2-1 sessions and they are largely to check your progress and goals, ensure your safety and review your path to recovery with you.
You can move between low and high intensity treatment as suits you and your goals and plans.
The choice is about opting for High or Low intensity support
The people that are receiving a prescription in order to change their behaviour, cease their illegal drug use and enter recovery, can access:
- a wide range of Talking Therapies to support them and/or
- Community Detoxification or Inpatient Detoxification and/or
- Residential Rehabilitation.
To find a Turning Point service near you click here.